The purpose of the Saskatchewan Games is to provide an opportunity for the provinces developing athletes, coaches and officials to participate in a multi sport event in preparation for a higher level of competition.
The City of North Battleford is excited to be hosting the upcoming 2018 Saskatchewan Winter Games from February 18 – 24, 2018!
North Battleford is known for it’s top notch facilities for winter activities and the Saskatchewan Games are an opportunity to “Celebrate Winter’s Best!” The event will showcase some of the best facilities with 1800 of the provinces top young athletes competing in 17 sports. This athletic and cultural showcase is the top multi-sport experience in Saskatchewan and will be an event like no other.
To visit the 2018 Saskatchewan Winter Games website, please click HERE.
The following are the Sports that will be featured in the 2018 Saskatchewan Winter Games:
The purpose of the Saskatchewan Games is to provide an opportunity for the province’s developing athletes, coaches and officials to participate in a multi sport event in preparation for a higher level of competition.
The goals of the Saskatchewan Games are:
- To provide an athlete-centered multi-sport experience that compliments provincial sport governing bodies, long term athlete and coach developmental plans, generally in the LTAD ‘Train to Train’ stage of development.
- To identify Saskatchewan participants with the potential to advance to higher levels of competition.(Provincial Team, National Competitions, Canada Games, Western Canada Summer Games, North American Indigenous Games).
- To enhance community development through a sport legacy of upgraded equipment, facilities, experienced officials, cultural understanding and appreciation, and a core group of volunteers.
- To motivate participants to achieve a higher level of sport skill and physical well being.
- To promote athlete, coach and official development programs within all Districts in the province.
- To provide a provincial showcase which increases public awareness and support for amateur sport in Saskatchewan.
- To generate economic and tourism benefits within the host community and surrounding area. The Saskatchewan Games Program is a developmental tool used by Provincial Sport Governing Bodies (PSGBs) which aids in the comprehensive growth and development of athletes, coaches, officials and all participants in sport. District teams are selected by the Provincial Sport Governing Bodies and managed by the provinces Sport, Culture and Recreation Districts.
Estevan Summer Games 2016 Final Results- Medal Winners Estevan
Prince Albert Winter Games 2014 Final Results- Medal Winners Prince Albert
Meadow Lake Summer Games 2012 Final Results- Medal Winners Medow Lake