We are a non-profit organization working with our members towards building healthy communities through sport, culture and recreation
Keeping Girls In Sport
Girls aged 6-12 attend this FREE fun and motivating 2 hour workshop with their parents. Teachers and coaches are encouraged to attend as well.
Girls spend 1.5 hours with Sask Athletics and participate in their Run, Jump, Throw program while the adults attend the CAAWS workshop, LTAD Considerations to Actively Engage Girls and Young Women in Sport (3 NCCP credits).
Kia Schollar, Canadian kayaker, will do a short presentation about her own experience with sport and the potential girls have to reach their goals. Snacks provided!
For more information or to pre-register, please contact: Kim Weber email@example.com or Kristin Renkas firstname.lastname@example.org
Board Member Nominations are Now Open!
The Nominations Committee is accepting nominations for the Board of Directors of the Parkland Valley Sport, Culture and Recreation District. Below is the nomination letter, explanation of the Director Requirements and the Nomination Form. For more information, please contact: Sheila at 306-782-3353 or email@example.com.
Parkland Valley Workshops
Finding it difficult to travel to one of our workshops? Parkland Valley wants to bring our leadership workshops to your community!
Your (Communities) Responsibilities:
- Have 6 or more attendees(they can be from other sport, culture and recreation organizations in your community)
- Promote the workshop (Facebook post, posters around town, word of mouth, website, etc.)
- Provide the venue including opening and closing the day of the workshop
- Take the registration and confirm registration numbers 2 days prior to ensure minimum number of participants
- Contact participants in case of cancellation
- Provide refreshments – snacks and water/coffee
Our (Parkland Valley Sport, Culture and Recreation District’s) Responsibilities:
- Present the 1 – 1.5 hours long workshop
- Create the promotional poster
- Provide the registration template for Host to use
- Provide handouts
- Bring the AV equipment
- Promote the workshop (Parkland Valley Facebook page, Parkland Valley website)
The following are workshops Parkland Valley currently offers: Grant Writing Tips, Volunteer Job Description Templates, Program Planning Steps, How to Host a Successful Meeting and Welcoming and Inclusive Communities (WIC). Descriptions of the above listed workshops, can be found under the Programs–>Workshops tab on our website.
Is there a workshop you are interested in that is not listed? Let us know what workshop you are looking for!
Click HERE for the Expression of Interest Form!
For more information, please contact any Parkland Valley Staff Member:
Sheila – firstname.lastname@example.org (306)782-3353
Chelsey – email@example.com (306)786-6586
Erin – firstname.lastname@example.org (306)786-6585